Live Video Contribution
and Delivery over 5G
Ultra-Low Latency, high quality
Transport with the SDVP
Zixi’s Software-Defined Video Platform delivers live, broadcast-quality video over any IP network including 5G cellular technology.
With 5G networks becoming more accessible across the world, Zixi is helping content providers leverage 5G networks to deliver streams at faster speeds, with lower latency, as well as higher quality and resiliency with its SDVP. 5G networks offer not only an opportunity to provide better quality experiences for the end consumer, but also a very effective B2B IP network for use cases such as satellite rationalization.
Delivering live video over 5G networks is no longer just a theory.
5G deployment is real, and has the power to transform the way content is created, distributed, and consumed.
Why the SDVP is Key to 5G Broadcast Delivery
Broadcast quality content means no errors, and delivery across 5G networks should be no exception.
With over 14 years of pioneering delivery over IP networks, Zixi is uniquely positioned to combat the challenges of 5G delivery, allowing customers to take advantage of 5G networks when and where possible while also ensuring quality and reliability. Like all IP networks, 5G requires protection against challenges like jitter, congestion and security.
Unique Zixi Advantages
- Seamless Bonding of IP Networks – The SDVP can bond cellular networks together to provide a seamless alternative to 5G transport whenever necessary. If 5G is not available, Zixi bonds 4G LTE and 5G availability together allowing the sharing of bandwidth between two signals as well as providing a failsafe in the case of failure of one or the other. Additional bonding back up can be provided using the public Internet, allowing SDVP users to enable contribution or distribution from nearly any location with 99.999% reliability.
- Network-Aware, Adaptive Bitrate Technology – The Zixi protocol is congestion and network aware and seamlessly adjusts to varying network conditions and employs patented, dynamic Forward Error Correction techniques for error-free video transport over 5G. Zixi’s unique ability to adapt the video quality to the available bandwidth makes it easy to maintain stream continuity for the optimal Quality of Experience.
- Atomic-Levels of Data and Telemetry – Zixi’s Intelligent Data Platform aggregates 3 billion unique video telemetry data points a day from across the Zixi Enabled Network and uses advanced analytics, machine learning to provide alerts based on patterns and insights. Using the IDP, media companies can ensure quality of delivery and the highest of uptimes across 5G networks with proactive alerts if there is going to be an issue before it occurs.
- Support A Universal Gateway Architecture – The SDVP functions as a Universal Gateway, allowing contribution from any IP network with Zixi and any of the 16 supported protocols. Customers can benefit from the unique interoperability of the SDVP to cost-effectively facilitate universal contribution and distribution to and from affiliates and partners across the Zixi Enabled Network of customers, integrated hardware and software applications and platforms and service providers standardized on Zixi.
- Mobile Contribution from Any Location – Zixi’s OnAir mobile app makes it easy to capture live 4K video for ENG, entertainment and sports use cases from any mobile device and contribute with low latency to the Zixi Player or your normal video workflow.
Pioneering Delivery Over 5G
with Verizon and AWS
Zixi is working with Verizon and Amazon Web Services to deliver live video content for a major global broadcaster over the Verizon 5G network using AWS Wavelength Zones with 4K UHD streams being delivered to commercial targets at ultra-low latency and at the highest quality, replacing satellite delivery.
The goal of edge network video streaming using Multi-access Edge Compute, or MEC, allows users to get content into or out of the network as close to the production or delivery target as possible. Using the MEC, along with the optimization of experience made possible by the speed and access that 5G provides allows for better monetization of live video driving further interest across the media and entertainment sector.
5G Use Cases
While most consider Direct to Consumer to be the main use case for 5G distribution, there are a range of B2B use cases out there already being leveraged by content creators including tetherless contribution as well as widespread distribution.
How Zixi is Making Delivery Over 5G A Reality
View Our Recent Webinar on
How to Deliver Live Video Over 5G
As part of the Zixi Delivers Spring Showcase, Zixi gathered decisionmakers from AWS, Bloomberg, and Verizon to discuss real-world architectures, share best practices and advice on how content providers can leverage the right infrastructure to deliver new and improved experiences over 5G for the end consumer.
The Latest 5G News
Original Article by Zixi’s Eric Bolton – Link Zixi has been hard at work optimizing our platform in light of a developing 5G world. With over 14 years of pioneering delivery over IP networks, Zixi is uniquely positioned to combat the challenges of 5G delivery, allowing customers to take advantage of 5G networks when and […]
Is your organization evaluating the utility of 5G technology and/or IP for primary video distribution? Eric Bolton, Zixi’s Vice President of Strategic Account Development, dives into the benefits of 5G and how Zixi is staying ahead of the game to greatly enhance user experience. With the dawn of a new digital age upon us, staying […]
Virtualized video content production and distribution over IP has increased dramatically in the last few years, creating opportunities for sports content creators, distributors, and consumers alike. On June 11th, Zixi’s Sr. Director of Field Engineering Kevin Parks joined fellow industry leaders at the 2021 SVG IP Production Summit to discuss how virtualized production is changing […]
VP Business Development Eric Bolton discusses the power of 5G and its implications on live video delivery at Streaming Media East Connect Streaming Media, hosted their annual Streaming Media East Connect 2021, a two-week series of video webinars taking place May 17 – 27 to discuss the world of streaming video through thought leadership […]
Zixi Joins Industry Leaders to Debate and Discuss the Future of Media From April 27th -29th, Zixi participated in the 2021 Devoncroft Executive Summit, a biannual event that offers a unique opportunity for audiences to hear from media executives discussing the strategic drivers of technology investments and the most important commercial issues facing the […]
Zixi CEO Gordon Brooks joins Brandon Costa from Sports Video Group to Discuss the Rise of Video Delivery Over IP In their Sports Tech On Demand series, Soorts Video Group sits down with industry leaders to discuss the state of the sports streaming industry and how new product innovations are changing the way live sports […]