Live Video Delivery over 5G
Ultra-Low Latency, high quality
Transport with the SDVP
Zixi’s Software-Defined Video Platform delivers live, broadcast-quality video over any IP network including 5G cellular technology.
With 5G networks now accessible across the country, Zixi is helping content providers leverage 5G pathways to deliver streams at faster speeds, with lower latency and higher quality with its SDVP. 5G networks offer not only an opportunity to provide better quality experiences for the end consumer, but also provide content owners new ways to create, deliver and monetize content.
Delivering live video over 5G networks is no longer just a theory.
5G deployment is real, and has the power to transform the way content is created, distributed, and consumed.
Why the SDVP is Key to 5G Broadcast Delivery
Broadcast quality content means no errors, and delivery across 5G networks should be no exception.
With over 14 years of pioneering delivery over IP networks, Zixi is uniquely positioned to combat the challenges of 5G delivery, allowing customers to take advantage of 5G pathways when and where possible while also ensuring broadcast quality and reliability.
Unique Zixi Advantages
- Seamless Bonding of IP Networks – The SDVP can bond cellular networks together to provide a seamless alternative to 5G transport whenever necessary. If 5G is not available, Zixi bonds 4G LTE and 5G availability together allowing the sharing of bandwidth between two signals as well as providing a failsafe in the case of failure of one or the other. Additional back up can be provided using the public Internet, allowing SDVP users to enable contribution or distribution from nearly any location with 99.9999% reliability.
- Network-Aware, Adaptive Bitrate Technology – The Zixi protocol is congestion and network aware and seamlessly adjusts to varying network conditions and employs patented, dynamic Forward Error Correction techniques for error-free video transport over 5G. Zixi’s unique ability to adapt the video quality to the available bandwidth makes it easy to maintain stream continuity for the optimal Quality of Experience (QoE).
- Atomic-Levels of Data and Telemetry – Zixi’s Intelligent Data Platform aggregates 3 billion data points a day from across the Zixi Enabled Network and uses advanced analytics, machine learning, and Zixi's unique video telemetry data to provide alerts based on patterns and insights. Using the IDP, media companies can ensure quality of delivery and the highest of uptimes across 5G networks with proactive alerts that enable them to fix network errors before they occur.
- Support A Universal Gateway Architecture – Customers can benefit from the unique interoperability of the SDVP to cost-effectively facilitate universal contribution and distribution to and from affiliates and partners across the Zixi Enabled Network of customers, integrated hardware and software applications and platforms and service providers standardized on Zixi.
- Mobile Contribution from Any Location –Zixi’s OnAir mobile app makes it easy to capture live 4K video for ENG, entertainment and sports use cases from any mobile device and contribute with low latency to any location where Zixi software is installed.
Pioneering Delivery Over 5G
with Verizon and AWS
Zixi is in production with Verizon and Amazon Web Services delivering live video content for a major broadcaster over Verizon 5G networks using AWS Wavelength Zone technology where 4K UHD streams are being delivered to commercial targets at super-low latency at the highest quality, without the need for satellites.
The goal of edge network video streaming using Multi-access Edge Compute, or MEC, allows users to get content into or out of the network as close to the production or delivery target as possible. Using the MEC, along with the optimization of experience made possible by the speed and access that 5G provides allows for better monetization of live video driving further interest across the media and entertainment sector.
5G Use Cases
While most consider Direct to Consumer to be the main use case for 5G broadcast distribution, there are a range of B2B use cases out there already being leveraged by content creators including tetherless contribution as well as widespread distribution.
How Zixi is Making Delivery Over 5G A Reality
View Our Recent Webinar on
How to Deliver Live Video Over 5G
As part of the Zixi Delivers Spring Showcase, Zixi gathered decisionmakers from AWS, Bloomberg, and Verizon to discuss real-world architectures, share best practices and advice on how content providers can leverage the right infrastructure to deliver new and improved experiences over 5G for the end consumer.
The Latest 5G News
Zixi Joins Industry Leaders to Debate and Discuss the Future of Media From April 27th -29th, Zixi participated in the 2021 Devoncroft Executive Summit, a biannual event that offers a unique opportunity for audiences to hear from media executives discussing the strategic drivers of technology investments and the most important commercial issues facing the […]
Zixi CEO Gordon Brooks joins Brandon Costa from Sports Video Group to Discuss the Rise of Video Delivery Over IP In their Sports Tech On Demand series, Soorts Video Group sits down with industry leaders to discuss the state of the sports streaming industry and how new product innovations are changing the way live sports […]
Article Describing Advantages of AWS Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Promotes Zixi’s Delivery Over IP Network Paths As Creating a Consistent, Broadcast-Quality Content Experience The Zixi SDVP is helping content providers deliver new sports and entertainment experiences over 5G networks, offering ultra low latency access to AWS compute and storage services for ultimate delivery to mobile devices. […]
Zixi CEO Gordon Brooks and VP Business Development Eric Bolten speak with TV NewsCheck about the potential impact of 5G on broadcast media, and how Zixi is working with AWS and Verizon to test real-world distribution over 5G Networks. This is an excerpt from an article originally published in TV NewsCheck by Glen Dickson. Read […]
Zixi is working with Verizon and AWS to stream live video content over 5G networks leveraging Multi-Access Edge Compute (MEC). Zixi CEO Gordon Brooks speaks with CSI Magazine to discuss the advantages of MEC, and how 5G cellular and MEC will transform B2B live video distribution deployments in 2021. This is an excerpt from an […]
Zixi is developing tools in partnership with Verizon and AWS to make 5G a go-to technology for live broadcast. In FEED Magazine’s Winter Issue, Zixi CEO Gordon Brooks and VP Customer Success Emeka Okoli talk about testing 5G Cellular for low latency live video delivery and the impact 5G will have on the media industry. […]
Survey Results Indicate Software-Defined Solutions Enabling Live Streaming Over IP Networks Will Dominate in 2021 2020 has been a year like no other and the video streaming industry has seen extraordinary growth. Zixi worked with Streaming Media Magazine to produce the Autumn 2020 “State of Streaming” report to gain insight into what the future of […]
Zixi Helps Broadcasters and OTT Service Providers Meet the Demands of Audiences Looking for 4K and HDR Content Across 5G Enabled Devices A recent AWS Blog Post highlights the efforts between Zixi, AWS and Verizon to test contribution and distribution over 5G networks. To read the original post, click here. Zixi is currently piloting delivery […]
Zixi provides low latency distribution over 5G with Verizon, AWS, and Gigcasters helping bring Mobile Edge Computing to Atlanta, New York and Washington D.C. As a leader in distribution over any IP network, Zixi is at the forefront of the 5G revolution in a new partnership with Verizon. Zixi’s Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP) […]