complete visibilty across the media supply chain
ZEN Master is the control plane that enables Zixi users to manage large-scale configuration, orchestration and monitoring of the Zixi Enabled Network, Zixi Platform, devices and appliances. With ZEN Master, media organizations can extend their reach, increase production speed and dramatically reduce operational costs.
With a centralized global view of the entire Zixi Enabled Network users can:
- Centralize live stream acquisition, orchestration and distribution
- Easily onboard live linear channels and live events
- Monitor system health with infrastructure views and alerts, TR101 and Content Quality Analytics and granular stream health status and graphics
- Scale cloud infrastructure with ease and agility
- Enjoy consistent stream views between teams, departments and partners
- Secure content with user-based and stream-level management.
Centralized Stream Management
ZEN Master makes it easy to manage inputs and outputs for hundreds of live video and Zixi streams at scale. With just a few clicks, and with automatic configuration details for network resources and distribution targets, users can create new live channels and spin up required streams on the fly. Zixi simplifies management of broadcast streams across industry protocols whether signal paths are point-to-point, one-to-many, multi-cloud or multi-CDN.
ZEN Master delivers:
- Central, permission-based access to the entire Zixi Enabled Network
- Operational and administrative views
- Global monitoring of all live streaming activity across connected Zixi nodes
- Orchestration of inputs and outputs across the supply chain
- Easy connection to Amazon Web Services Auto-Scaling Clusters for immediate, automatic redundant scaling.
- Rapid troubleshooting with immediate access to logs, performance graphs and direct access to all Zixi nodes.
With ZEN Master users can easily manage system health by quickly verifying that all sources are connected and providing content. A single user interface enables users to manage an entire operation or to drill down to monitor networks at the stream and device level. Users can watch feeds in real-time from Zixi Broadcaster or a CDN egress point, and automatic alerts can be set for specific monitoring thresholds. ZEN Master also enables engineers and operators to:
- Monitor live streams from all connected contribution sources
- Visualize granular stream data
- Get instant alarms and email alerts across contribution or delivery
- Access live and historic metrics across all streams from a single screen
- Review searchable channel-based, node-based or global event logs.
ZEN Master puts control of your IP network in the hands of your distribution experts, along with familiar monitoring tools. Robust multi-layer user authentication, permissions and role-management tools make it easy to create groups and user profiles, enabling responsibilities to be easily shared with team members. ZEN Master also provides:
- Resource allocation, cluster management and capacity
- Redundancy across signal paths
- The ability to assign capabilities to cloud infrastructures
- User management and secure access controls
- Tools for managing centralized lists of all publishing targets, transcoding profiles and adaptive channels
- Permission-based roles for all users, groups and system resources.
Acquisition and Delivery
ZEN Master reduces the complexity of live-stream workflows with a cloud-based set of virtual tools for configuring, orchestrating and monitoring delivery at the individual channel and device level, or across an entire video content creation and distribution enterprise. With Zixi you can:
- Instantly view a global video delivery network from a single pane of glass.
- Quickly configure new live channels without requiring additional engineering resources
- Optimize operational costs as you increase content offerings
- Accept inputs from unmanaged 3rd party sources and Zixi-embedded systems
- Set destinations such as storage targets or Zixi software elements, clusters and receivers
- Enable multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Deliver HLS and MPEG DASH to AWS S3 and HTTP File Storage targets
- Deliver RTMP to CDNs and DMVPDs/OVDs
- Deliver MPEG TS to Zixi Receivers and IRDs
- Deliver to multiple CDN targets.