Live Video Transcoding for OTT Streaming
DELIVER DIFFERENT BITRATES AND PROTOCOLS—SIMULTANEOUSLY
Delivering high-demand live events to any device anywhere in the world is hard. The Zixi Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP) makes it easier by taking in the live video stream and transcoding it to H.265/HEVC and H.264/AVC. For OTT streaming video platforms and Social Media/eSports we repackage to HLS, DASH, and RTMP, backhaul via Zixi protocol, and output MPEG-TS, RTP and UDP for reintegration into broadcast systems.
The SDVP can transcode at the source (or via satellite, fiber or any IP) and deliver any required protocol over a public or private IP network. Our live transcoding software keeps our OTT service providers up to speed with the demands of content customization, new advertising opportunities and the need for flexible scaling.
With Zixi's SDVP you can:
- Deliver to any device anywhere in different bitrates and protocols simultaneously
- Leverage our live transcoding software to repackage streams to a variety of formats and protocols including MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC encode and decode
- Synchronize GOPs for multi-bitrate delivery
- Get hardware acceleration on supported platforms
- Broadcast backhaul - Live mezzanine video is transcoded to lower bitrate at the same quality in H.264/AVC or H.265/HEVC compression formats and then delivered over the public internet to MVPDs, OTT streaming platforms and services, MSOs
- Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) HLS or DASH - Live video is transcoded into multiple renditions of H.264/AVC or H.265/HEVC compression formats for delivery to mobile devices and set top boxes which last mile bandwidth is unknown
- Bitrate reduction for Social Media/eSports - Live mezzanine video is transcoded to lower a bitrate H.264/AVC compression format for delivery to Social Media and eSports sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitch