Live Video Transcoding and Media Services
DELIVER DIFFERENT BITRATES AND PROTOCOLS—SIMULTANEOUSLY
Delivering high-demand live events to any device anywhere in the world is hard. Zixi Broadcaster makes it easier by taking in the live video stream and transcoding it to H.265/HEVC and H.264/AVC. For OTT video platforms and Social Media/eSports we repackage to HLS, DASH, and RTMP, backhaul via Zixi protocol, and output MPEG-TS, RTP and UDP for reintegration into broadcast systems.
The protocols are entirely at your command so you can deliver to mobile, web and any device. Zixi's Platform can transcode at the source (or via satellite, fiber or IP) and deliver any required protocol over a public or private IP network. It keeps you up to speed with the demands of content customization, new advertising opportunities and the need for flexible scaling.
With Zixi you can:
- Deliver to any device anywhere in different bitrates and protocols simultaneously
- Repackage streams to a variety of formats and protocols including MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC encode and decode
- Synchronize GOPs for multi-bitrate delivery
- Get hardware acceleration on supported platforms.
- Broadcast backhaul - Live mezzanine video is transcoded to lower bitrate at the same quality in H.264/AVC or H.265/HEVC compression formats and then delivered over the public internet to MVPDs and MSOs
- Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) HLS or DASH - Live video is transcoded into multiple renditions of H.264/AVC or H.265/HEVC compression formats for delivery to mobile devices and set top boxes which last mile bandwidth is unknown
- Bitrate reduction for Social Media/eSports - Live mezzanine video is transcoded to lower a bitrate H.264/AVC compression format for delivery to Social Media and eSports sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitch.