BEST-IN-CLASS QUALITY OF SERVICE ON ANY DEVICE—ANYWHERE
Zixi's technology harmonizes content-aware and network adaptive forward error correction, time-controlled error recovery, bonding multiple transmission paths and bitrate adaptation to make the internet usable for professional video.
Whether your business model is built on ad revenue or subscriptions, Zixi delivers superior video transport service and the technical flexibility to meet the demands of today's media consumer.
Meeting the ever-changing needs of today's audiences is why Zixi has long advocated for adopting open standards, Zixi recently announced commercial availability of Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST). Press release available here. RIST is in development by the Video Services Forum, an international association comprised of service providers, users and manufacturers dedicated to interoperability, quality metrics, and education.
Live Linear/Event Streaming
Zixi addresses the core delivery challenges of live streaming. Our technology enables high source stream quality, handles network congestion and interruptions gracefully, supports multiple devices and requires minimal time for processing and caching.
Adaptive Bitrate streaming requires technology that can detect a client's QoS in real time and deliver source content at the most appropriate bitrate over HTTP. Zixi’s streaming protocol is itself adaptive, allowing low latency adaptive streaming to players or decoders that would otherwise be incapable of bitrate adaptation, such as IRDs and transcoders.
Using smart innovation and sophisticated algorithms to reconstruct sequences of IP packets, the Zixi Platform delivers robust hitless failover that surpasses any other solution. Our continual R&D efforts demonstrate our ongoing commitment to improving the highest levels of broadcast quality over IP networks.
Forward Error Correction
Zixi combines Forward Error Correction, re-transmission and congestion avoidance in an optimized and efficient way.
The Zixi Platform delivers broadcast quality live video over IP with best-in-class multi-layered security, including restricted access control and AES encryption. For UDP video delivery protocols, Zixi also provides DTLS (datagram transport layer security) that is exclusive to the Zixi platform and makes content delivered via Zixi the most protected UDP transport in the market today.
Why is broadcast quality live video over the internet so hard?
Look at all that can go wrong.
- Packet Loss
- Link Bandwidth
- Link Utilization
- Link Quality
- Path Diversity
- Video Quality
- Load Balancing
- Adaptive Bit Rate
- File Transfer
- Time Stamping/Shifting
- Device Types
- Open APIs
- Auto Scale
- Abstract Layer for Complex Workflow
- Global Visibility to All Components
- Location Agnostic
- Hybrid Deployment
- SDK for Device and Platform
- Standard Protocols for Management
- Support for Standard and Emerging Video Protocols
- Connect and Bridge Between All Video Devices, Applications and Platforms
at Scale Complexity
- Root cause analysis
Open Standards Solution Options
- The Video Services Forum (VSF) is an international association dedicated to interoperability, quality metrics, and industry education.
- Zixi is working with the VSF as well as other global service providers, users and manufacturers to develop RIST, Reliable Internet Stream Transport
- Zixi, has long been a major contributor to the history of open standards and RIST Specification, including MPEG-DASH, MMT, SMPTE 2022-2 and 2022-7 (RTP).
“We are engaged in many interoperability tests with the Video Services Forum’s working group,” says Uri Avni, founder and CTO, Zixi “The results are encouraging, and we will continue to support the initiative as it evolves.”
Zixi RIST-Best in Class Value-Added Features
- ZEN Master – full feature set
- Bandwidth optimization
- Network aware, video aware and resolution aware
- Efficient re-transmission and congestion avoidance
- Hitless failover – 99.999% uptime
- TR101 analysis
- Content Quality Analytics
- AI Quality Scoring
- Multi-format send-support
- Auto provisioning in AWS and Azure
- Dynamic bitrate
- Optional hybrid use of SMTE-2022 FEC with RIST – not dependent on round trip time (sending device would need to support FEC)
- One unified platform that handles RIST, Zixi Protocol and other supported protocols
- Implementation of Zixi RIST is based on a common protocol stack, providing similar resiliency and leveraging Zixi’s proven protocol stack