ZaaS Infrastructure Operations Manager
Zixi is actively seeking a Senior Infrastructure Operations Manager for our Zixi-as-a-Service (ZaaS) and Zixi ContentXchange live video transport and streaming services. Zixi is known in the industry for providing a highly reliable and feature rich cloud-based, enterprise-grade system designed for the deployment, management, and monitoring of large live video distribution networks across the globe. ZaaS provides customers with Zixi’s software and solutions hosted on infrastructure managed and maintained by Zixi. ContentXchange builds on ZaaS by providing customers access to a library of live linear programming from broadcast networks and their local affiliates.
In this role you will be responsible for acquiring, maintaining, and operating the infrastructure used in the ZaaS and ContentXchange services. You will develop and own the relationships with cloud infrastructure vendors, negotiate pricing, and clearly articulate our requirements for the services provided by the infrastructure vendors. Because we are in the business of live video, near perfect uptime is an absolute must. You will drive our infrastructure vendors to provide the highest possible uptime and redundancy and you will work with our internal teams to ensure our deployments on this infrastructure have the highest possible uptime and redundancy. You will be very hands-on initially and over time will build a small team as the need to scale arises.
Why join Zixi?
Have you ever wondered how the live video gets from an NHL game to your AppleTV or Roku? Have you wondered how Electronic Arts integrates multiple game streams from around the world into a single production broadcast that you watch on your favorite game streaming platform like Twitch? Have you ever thought about how machine learning might be used to detect and resolve network issues in real-time? If you are curious about any of these, you will learn more about this and much more by joining the Zixi team.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 8 years’ experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle, Tata, or any other infrastructure hosting provider
- Experience leading a small team, both locally and remotely
- Experience with design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions such as DataDog, Splunk, SignalFx
- Experience in automation scripting using one or more of the following languages: Bash or Python
- Ability to work in and handle the challenges of a fast-paced, customer driven environment
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, subject matter experts, and outside vendors
- Ability to identify technical and process improvement opportunities and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop talent
- Excellent written, documentation and oral communication skills.
Other helpful skills and knowledge:
- Experience working with video/audio processing and/or transmission
COVID-19 details and location:
This senior management role is based at the Zixi headquarters is in Waltham, MA. However, the team members you bring into Zixi may be either local or remote. We are currently working from home and you would need to be able to work from home when necessary, but the office is available as well to vaccinated employees.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the desired position included in the subject of the e-mail.
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast- quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 10+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 100 OEM and service providers and serves well over 500 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily. www.zixi.com