DevOps/System Engineer - Waltham, MA
Zixi is actively seeking for an experienced DevOps/System Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team in Waltham, MA.
DevOps/System Engineer will be responsible for developing technically complex solutions to enhance the scalability of our Cloud SaaS solution in order to maintain the 99.999% reliability we currently deliver to our customers in extremely high-loaded scenarios (10x+ of current load). This challenge would involve such projects as implementation of container-based deployment, cross-region and multi-cloud deployment, development of incident escalation and response/resolution procedures, formal incident reporting and preventive actions procedures, etc.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years full time as a Linux system administrator or engineer
- Mindset of hands-on/tactical execution day-to-day and strategic, process-oriented outlook
- Experience with AWS. Experience with GCP and/or Azure is an advantage, but not required
- Experience with Docker/containers/Kubernetes
- Experience with code building and deployment tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Bash, Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Amazon CloudWatch)
- Competency with CentOS, Ubuntu, networking and general network management concepts
- Ability to handle 24/7 on-call response availability for critical incidents
- Ability to work in and handle the challenges of a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience in full-stack development and/or back-end development is an advantage, but not required
- Experience in using project management tools such as Jira is an advantage, but not required
- Experience in management of the small team (2-3 engineers) is an advantage, but not required
- Experience working with video/audio processing and/or transmission is an advantage, but not required.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired position included in the subject of the e-mail.
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast-quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 10+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 100 OEM and service providers and serves well over 500 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily. www.zixi.com