Senior Software Engineer - Tel Aviv & Remote
Zixi, the market leader in video IP software solutions, is seeking a skilled Tel Aviv based C++ Software Engineer to develop video streaming solutions. The role reports to the SVP of Product Engineering.
Zixi is the market leader in IP video solutions, allowing media companies to source, manage and deliver 24/7 live video events and linear channels by enhancing unmanaged networks to perform at broadcast quality, securely leveraging cloud infrastructures at scale. Zixi has more than 700+ customers worldwide and is disrupting the way live and live linear video moves through the internet.
We are searching for a dynamic, experienced and highly motivated candidate to be a part of Zixi’s Software Engineering team helping drive development of our Software Defined Video Platform. There are multiple openings for Software Engineers based on these requirements available at this time.
The following are required skills for this role:
• Academic degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience C++ development – 5 years
• Experience developing for Linux – 3 year
• Experience in network development
• Knowledge of libraries: boost
• Experience working with JIRA / Git
• Excellent English communication skills
Familiarity with at least one of these standards is required (multiple positions available):
• MPEG-TS (mpeg transport stream)
• ISO BMFF (mp4 file format)
• MPEG-DASH (CMAF)
• ATSC 3.0
Additional helpful (but not essential) skills and knowledge include:
• Experience working with video/audio processing and/or transmission
• Experience in the development of websocket-based APIs
• Experience in using project management tools such as Jira
• Experience developing software for a SaaS platform/product
• Experience with machine learning concepts, technologies, or development platforms
Experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks with experience in taking ownership, leading business process and influencing results.
• Knowledge of Media, telco customers and cloud technologies, products and market landscape.
• Expertise engaging senior-level sales management through identifying stakeholder needs and working cross-functionally to drive successful implementation and delivery, tracking outcomes and iterating.
• Sound business judgment, a demonstrated ability to influence others, and excellent analytical, reporting and presentation skills.
• Strong communication, presentation, persuasion, and influencing skills.
• Comfort with working in a global, fast growing, dynamic and often ambiguous environment, across multiple time zones.
Why Join Zixi?
Have you ever wondered how the live video gets from an NHL game to your AppleTV or Roku? Have you wondered how Electronic Arts integrates multiple game streams from around the world into a single production broadcast that you watch on your favorite game streaming platform like Twitch? Have you ever thought about how machine learning might be used for something other than targeting Ads to you in Facebook related to something you browsed on a different device an hour ago?
If you are curious about any of these, this is what you will learn by joining the Engineering team at Zixi in addition to continuing to hone your development skills.
COVID-19 Details and Location:
The Zixi team is based out of multiple headquarters in Tel Aviv (Israel) and Waltham, MA, (USA), but this role is centered around the Tel Aviv office location.
If you are local, we are currently working from home and you would need to be able to work from home when necessary, but the office is available as well to vaccinated employees. The Zixi team intermittently meets near the office once a week for a team lunch and ideally you would be able to join. After COVID-19 has subsided, being able to work from the Zixi office a couple days per week with the rest of the team would be ideal and working every day from the office is possible, if desired.
Please forward resume, compensation requirement, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast-quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 15+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 300 technology partners and serves well over 700 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily.