Senior Backend Engineer – Waltham, MA or Remote
Zixi is actively seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our engineering team that develops the ZEN Master cloud SaaS product. ZEN Master is known in the industry as a highly reliable and feature rich cloud-based enterprise-grade system designed for deployment, management and monitoring of large video distribution networks across the globe. ZEN Master is used by customers across many verticals including NBCU and Bloomberg in media, NHL in professional live sports, Blizzard and Electronics Arts in gaming, and even live hologram transmission from PORTL.
In this role you will be an individual contributor focusing on development of the ZEN Master backend to build key new functionality and to provide a robust REST API for our customers who have integrated ZEN Master into their own automated video production systems. Opportunities for team leadership are available, if desired.
Why join Zixi?
Have you ever wondered how the live video gets from an NHL game to your AppleTV or Roku? Have you wondered how Electronic Arts integrates multiple game streams from around the world into a single production broadcast that you watch on your favorite game streaming platform like Twitch? Have you ever thought about how machine learning might be used for something other than targeting Ads to you in Facebook related to something you browsed on a different device an hour ago?
If you are curious about any of these, this is what you will learn by joining the ZEN Master team at Zixi in addition to continuing to hone your development skills.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 8+ years full time as a Backend or Full-Stack Engineer with more focus on backend
- Experience developing with node.js backend and Typescript
- Experience with database services such as Amazon RDS, DynamoDB/MySQL, Elasticsearch or comparable databases on GCP or Azure
- Experience with AWS API and Services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS, API Gateway or comparable services on GCP or Azure
- Experience developing, maintaining, testing, and documenting REST APIs
- Ability to write high-quality code in a timely fashion
- Ability to work in and handle the challenges of a fast-paced, customer driven environment
- Competency with Linux, networking, and general network management concepts
Other helpful skills and knowledge:
- Experience working with video/audio processing and/or transmission
- Experience in the development of websocket-based APIs
- Experience in using project management tools such as Jira
- Experience developing software for a SaaS platform/product
- Experience with machine learning concepts, technologies, or development platforms
COVID-19 details and location:
The ZEN Master team is based at the Zixi headquarters is in Waltham, MA. As an individual contributor this role may be locally based at the Zixi headquarters or remote.
If you are local, we are currently working from home and you would need to be able to work from home when necessary, but the office is available as well to vaccinated employees. The ZEN Master team currently meets near the office once a week for a team lunch and ideally you would be able to join. After COVID-19 has subsided, being able to work from the Zixi office in Waltham a couple days per week with the rest of the team would be ideal and working every day from the office is possible, if desired.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the desired position included in the subject of the e-mail.
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast-quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 10+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 100 OEM and service providers and serves well over 500 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily. www.zixi.com