Solutions Engineer (Remote, U.S.) - Multiple Positions
Zixi, the market leader in video IP software solutions, is seeking a skilled Sales Engineer (SE) to provide technical sales support with major broadcasters, content owners, and media service providers. Multiple positions are available.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely with our U.S.-based customers and sales staff, and will have strong technical, pre-sales and customer interaction skills. Zixi especially values Solutions Engineers who are creative problem solvers that help salespeople win big business opportunities. With more than 700 customers worldwide, Zixi software is disrupting the way live and how live linear video moves through the internet.
To apply, please send resume, compensation requirement, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A technical consultant and pre/post-sales role working closely with sales staff to present and demonstrate Zixi Platform solutions, products, features, benefits, and future product direction, to customers and industry partners
- Conduct detailed customer requirements, discovery, and analysis
- Remain current on video workflows, IP network industry trends, related technology, and streaming industry competition
- Design and propose technical solutions and execute proof of concept activities based on the Zixi Platform
- Work closely with customers in the implementation and integration of the Zixi Platform
- Deliver web-based and on-site platform and solution training sessions and demonstrations to customers
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs
- You must be an energetic team player that communicates, shares knowledge, and wants to be a technical field leader.
- Provides occasional tradeshow support
- Travel requirements 30%
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in a Media and Entertainment Business-to-Business environment in technical pre-sales role
- Experience in fast growing software company a plus
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience managing Proof of Concept projects and operating with limited supervision
- Strong experience and interest in teamwork -- collaboration with customers, partners, sales, customer care, product management, and engineering, to reach common goals successfully
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related IT field
- Domain expertise in IP networks with considerable Linux, Windows and Networking hands-on experience and knowledge. Ability to demonstrate this knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of video delivery, network infrastructure, Internet, CDN, mobile computing, cloud services, security and virtualization
- Strong knowledge of live video workflows for media and broadcast companies including live linear channel and live event contributions and OTT delivery using cloud-based services for content ingest, transcoding, repackaging and delivery
- Strong knowledge of video codecs and encapsulation techniques
- Extensive experience with cloud software deployments and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting skills