Lead Senior Data Solutions Engineer
Zixi is looking for an energetic, highly analytical Individual to join our growing Customer Success team as a Senior Data Solutions Engineer to analyze and continuously improve our cloud-based solutions for our customers.
Applicant can grow their career with the industry expert in video over IP delivery. We are committed to providing companies of all sizes and complexities the highest quality content delivery, no matter the scale, device, or distance. It’s why more than 500 of the world’s leading media companies rely on Zixi’s Emmy Award winning software-defined video platform to deliver video for live events, live linear and OTT.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely, will have strong technical and analytical skills and will be able to lead frequent meetings with Zixi’s VIP customers and partners. To apply, please send resume, compensation requirement, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnosing problems.
- Collaborating with engineers, programmers and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for improvements, and leading improvement efforts to completion.
- Create analytical tools and processes using the Zixi SDVP and IDP platforms to monitor and analyze our VIP customer deployments to optimize performance and to pre-emptively uncover and address any possible faults
- Collaborate with the Zixi Product team to improve and help develop additional analytical tools including third party tools for monitoring the quality of our customer deployments
- Lead meetings with Zixi’s VIP customers and assist them in optimizing the performance and quality of their Zixi deployments
- Participate in peer reviews of planned Zixi deployments to help ensure error free operation of for our customers
- Work with Zixi’s cloud partners to continuously improve the quality of our customer deployments
- Deliver web-based and on-site platform and solution training sessions and demonstrations to Zixi’s customers globally
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in a Media and Entertainment Business-to-Business environment
- Experience in fast growing software company a plus
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting video workflows with limited supervision
- Strong experience and interest in teamwork -- collaboration with customers, partners, sales, customer care, product management, and engineering, to reach common goals successfully
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related IT field
- Domain expertise in IP networks with considerable Linux, Windows and Networking hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge of video delivery, network infrastructure, Internet, CDN, mobile computing, cloud services, security, and virtualization
- Strong knowledge of live video workflows for media and broadcast companies including live linear channel and live event contributions and OTT delivery using cloud-based services for content ingest, transcoding, repackaging and delivery
- Extensive experience with cloud software deployments and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting languages (VB Scripts, Python, Java Script) highly recommended
- Experience working with Datadog, Splunk, New Relic a plus