Inside Sales Representative / Business Development Representative (BDR)
Zixi is the market leader in IP video solutions, allowing media companies to source, manage and deliver 24/7 live video events and linear channels by enhancing unmanaged networks to perform at broadcast quality, securely leveraging cloud infrastructures at scale. Zixi has more than 700+ customers worldwide and is disrupting the way live and live linear video moves through the internet.
We are seeking a dynamic & highly motivated candidate to be an Insides Sales representation focused on sales development / Business Development his individual will provide focus on supporting existing and new account base leads customer base in Media & Entertainment/Broadcast Media / Telco / MVPDs / vMVPDs, broadcast and media technology accounts, as well as our mutual customers who are major broadcasters, content owners, and media service providers. This candidate will be aware of the media industry with effective communication skills and high EQ, a problem solver that help support Sr Reps close large business opportunities across functions and drive consensus with various groups and verticals within the internal org and customer facing org.
The role will report to a Sales VP.
Responsibilities of the SD / BD Rep include but are not limited to:
• Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
• Work closely and collaboratively with marketing on outreach campaigns
• Collect information from companies to help marketing better understand who we should further target
• Share information with marketing on what is working and what is not
• Conduct high volume prospecting (at least 100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
• Schedule qualified meetings for Sales Reps to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Zixi
• Conduct qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
• Help large and mid-size companies realize the potential of Zixi
• Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work experience, internships or academic projects in sales or marketing, ideally in the area of outbound and inbound tactics of a leading SaaS technology start-up
• Previous successful sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
• The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
• The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
• The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
• A keenly developed competitive and curious nature
• A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
• The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
• Ability to work with Urgency and Velocity
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree, preferably in business, management, marketing, information technology, or a related field of study
• Strong phone presence and presentation skills
• Knowledge of sales techniques and systems like Salesforce.com, HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Outreach.io is a plus
• Passion for technology and aptitude to learn new technologies
• Minimum of 4+ yrs of experience in Sales
Please forward resume, compensation requirement, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast-quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 15+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 300 technology partners and serves well over 700 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily.