Data Engineer – Waltham, MA or Remote
Zixi is actively seeking a talented Data Engineer to join our growing engineering team developing the ZEN Master cloud SaaS product. ZEN Master is known in the industry as a highly reliable and feature rich cloud-based enterprise-grade system designed for deployment, management and monitoring of large video distribution networks across the globe. ZEN Master is used by customers across many verticals including NBCU and Bloomberg in media, NHL in professional live sports, Blizzard and Electronics Arts in gaming, and even live hologram transmission from PORTL.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely, will have strong technical and analytical skills and will be able to lead frequent meetings with Zixi’s VIP customers and partners. To apply, please send resume, compensation requirement, and cover letter to email@example.com.
COVID-19 details and location
The ZEN Master team is based at the Zixi headquarters is in Waltham, MA. As an individual contributor this role may be locally based at the Zixi headquarters or remote.
If you are local, we are currently working from home and you would need to be able to work from home when necessary, but the office is available as well to vaccinated employees. The ZEN Master team currently meets near the office once a week for a team lunch and ideally you would be able to join. After COVID-19 has subsided, being able to work from the Zixi office in Waltham a couple days per week with the rest of the team would be ideal and working every day from the office is possible, if desired.
In this role you will be an individual contributor focusing on enhancing the Intelligent Data Platform features in ZEN Master with ML modeling, advanced analysis features, and intuitive visualization capabilities. You will use and develop on top of an existing ML-based digital twin platform that is already deployed in production within the ZEN Master system. Experience with cloud-based ML services and open source ML technologies will be helpful, but in this role you will become an expert on our digital twin platform. The overall goal of the Intelligent Data Platform is to extract as much knowledge as possible from the huge data volume collected by ZEN Master every day and then turn that knowledge into actionable insights for root cause analysis and workflow optimization for our ZEN Master users.
Skills and knowledge you should possess
- 5+ years Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical or scientific field with 1+ years focused on AI, machine learning, business intelligence, big data, or similar technologies
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, Java, Scala, etc)
- Fluency with databases (SQL, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to work in and handle the challenges of a fast-paced, customer driven environment
- Competency with Linux
Other helpful skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries (Tensorflow, H2O, MxNet, etc).
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms like generalized linear models, tree-ensemble models, deep learning, Bayesian inference, etc.
- Familiarity working with video/audio processing and/or streaming
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as UDP, TCP/IP
Zixi provides a cloud based and on-premise software platform that enables reliable broadcast-quality video delivery over IP. The company offers the Zixi Platform for broadcasters, enterprises, over-the-top video providers, and mobile service providers around the world. The Zixi Platform makes it easy and economical for media companies to source, manage, localize, and distribute live events and 24/7 live linear channels in broadcast QoS, securely and at scale, using any form of IP network or Hybrid IP environments. Zixi provides enhanced control in large complex networks with ZEN Master, a live video orchestration and telemetry control plane that provides visual tools to configure, orchestrate, and monitor live broadcast channels and events across industry protocols. Over 10+ years, the Zixi Enabled Network (ZEN) has grown to over 100 OEM and service providers and serves well over 500 customers representing most of the top media brands around the world with 10,000+ channels delivered daily. www.zixi.com